Sunday, August 6, 2023

James McSheehy (March 1995)

This post is part of a series of editorials written by Bert Walsh during his tenure as president and past president of the Shasta Historical Society. Readers are advised that his humor is often irreverent and rarely politically correct. 

Click here for the table of contents for the entire collection of his editorials.

===

Moving momentarily away from our area, I would like to share some remarks made by San Francisco Supervisor James McSheehy, circa 1918 to 1941. As McSheehy once said, "These are crouched in language which is perfectly oblivious."

"It has all the earmarks of an eyesore."

"You are putting the horse before the cart."

"Ladies, I have here some figures which you can carry in your heads, which I know are concrete."

"I may have been ill and unable to attend meetings, but no one has a right to say I've been incumbent."

Gosh, if James is till around, I wonder if he would like to write the newsletter.

--BTW

===

No comments:

Post a Comment